The COVID-19 pandemic is resulting in unprecedented state-wide and national measures to minimise the spread (flatten the curve) and address the impacts of the virus.
It’s a rapidly evolving situation and advice is changing daily and even hourly at times, so we encourage you to stay up-do-date with information from credible sources (listed below). We know how important clear, fact-based information is to consumers and carers so you can make sure you are looking after your own health and being protective of those around you.
It is undoubtedly a challenging time for all of us. It requires a coordinated cross-Government, industry and community response. For our part, HIC will continue to listen to your voices and perspectives and advocate for consumers to be involved in key decisions at both state and national levels.
How Health Issues Centre is responding
We are currently changing the way we work to ensure the safety of our staff and the community we work with. But thanks to modern technology, we continue to operate most activities as normal – albeit with some changes to delivery.
- We are avoiding non-essential face-to-face contact and choosing to meet via remote video and teleconference
- Health Issues Centre remains operational, but staff are working remotely.
- Please continue to communicate with your direct contacts at Health Issues Centre as normal. For general enquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call (03) 8676 9050.
- Consumer representatives are encouraged not to attend face-to-face committee meetings and other forums and to attend via video or teleconference where possible to maintain social distancing.
Where to get current information
For up to date information about COVID-19, please check the following sites:
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services – https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- For translated resources – https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/translated-resources-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- Commonwealth Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days.
Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.