To download a printable version of this resource, click My Aged Care Support.
Translations are also available. Click here to view translated documents.

I don’t know About My Aged Care. What is it and how can I contact them?

Thank you for telling us about what is happening with you. Although we can’t change things straight away, we can give you some information to help you know where to go to get support.

My Aged Care is helping Australians stay independent and keeping doing the things they love.

It is the first step in getting the supports you need, like

  • cleaning and cooking
  • transport
  • bathing and dressing
  • social groups.

Call My Aged Care free on 1800 200 422 or

It might be worth having a support person with you when you make the phone call.

How can I access an interpreter?

  1. Call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 (free)
  2. They will give you an interpreter that speaks your language (you may have to wait or they may need to call you back when an interpreter is available)
  3. Ask the interpreter to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422

I need help to support me through this confusing process

There is free support to help you with the process. Here are a few:

Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing – helps you to find aged care services with workers who speak your language as well as multilingual health and aged care information.
Phone: (03) 8823 7979

Elder Rights Advocacy – free and confidential help if you are unhappy with aged care services.
Phone: (03) 9602 3066 (Victoria) or 1800 700 600 (nationwide)

Access and Support Workers –free short-term help if you have special needs and need help understanding and accessing what supports are available.
List of contacts:

Home at Last – provides help with housing.
Phone: 1300 765 178

Seniors Card – discounts on public transport across Victoria.
1300 797 210
In person:
Get a form from your local library

I am not happy with the services I receive

For complaints about

  • My Aged Care: call 1800 200 422
  • Your assessment: Talk to the person who assessed you or their organisation (Call My Aged Care to find out the organisation’s details)
  • The care you received: Talk to your service provider.

If you are not happy with the outcome you can contact:

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
Phone: 1800 951 822 (free)
Write: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, GPO Box 9819, Melbourne
Elder Rights Advocacy (1800 700 600) can help you make a complaint

The information in this post is correct at 31 January 2020